Terms & Conditions
Effective Date: 1 October 2020
Supreme Court Observer (‘SCO’) is a living archive of the Supreme Court of India. Through our website scobserver.in (‘Website’), we aim to build a non-partisan open-access database of the Supreme Court's contribution to our everyday lives, through daily reporting on selected cases. The Website is controlled and owned by the Legal Observer Trust (‘Trust’).
GENERAL USAGE TERMS
1. The User may access the Website subject to these Terms and Conditions of use, as changed or updated or amended from time to time as the Trust deems fit.
2. The User hereby agrees that upon visiting the Website or accessing any parts or materials of the Website either directly or via a third-party website, such User will be bound by SCO’s Terms and Conditions.
4. SCO may modify or discontinue any aspect or features of the Website at any time including its content without giving any prior notice to the User/s.
5. SCO reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions without any prior notice to the User/s. However, once such changes come into effect, they will be displayed prominently on the Website for reasonable period of time.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
1. SCO relies on several external sources for the content of the Website. Hence, the Website may contain typographical errors, incomplete, or out-of-date information. SCO does not make any warranty that the information contained on this Website, or on any third-party source linked to this Website, is complete, accurate or up-to-date.
2. SCO bears no liability for any damages or loss arising out of the use or inability to use Website, any information provided in the Website, or any claim attributable to errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in the Website.
3. SCO reserves the right to make changes to the content on this Website to reflect updates or amend errors in the information, but it has no legal requirement to do so.
This Website is controlled and operated by the Trust. All materials, including, without any limitation, analysis, interviews, illustrations, statements, opinions, views, photographs, pictures, artwork, designs, text, graphics, logos, audio and video (collectively referred to as, "Content") are protected by copyright and other applicable intellectual property rights that are owned and controlled by the Trust or by other parties that have licensed their work to the Trust.
Unless otherwise specially mentioned, the Content is licensed under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license.
If you have reason to believe, in good faith, that any work copyrighted by you has been reproduced, embedded or linked without procuring required authorization on this Website in a way that would constitute an infringement of your intellectual property rights under Indian law, please contact Kruthika R (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
1. A link to the work that allegedly infringes your rights.
2. Clear identification of the specific portion of the work which allegedly infringes your rights.
3. Clear proof of your acquisition or possession of such right (such as the link to your work which has allegedly been infringed).
4. Your contact details in full, including your full name, address, e-mail address, and phone number.
5. A statement to the effect that you believe, in good faith, that the use of this material has not been authorized either by your agent or in law, and that the information provided in this notice is accurate.
6. Your signature.
PRIVACY, SECURITY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY
The User agrees to indemnify and hold SCO, its affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim, demand or damage, including attorney’s fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of the use of materials and information on the Website.
1. No failure or delay by SCO in exercising any right, power or privilege under the Terms and Conditions will operate its waiver, nor will any single or partial exercise of it preclude any further exercise or the exercise of any right, power or privilege under the Terms and Conditions.
2. The Website is controlled, operated and administered by SCO from its offices within the territory of India. If the User accesses this Website from a location outside India, the responsibility is on the User to ensure compliance with all local laws.
3. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Laws of the Republic of India.
4. It is irrevocably and unconditionally agreed that the courts of Bengaluru, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction with respect to any proceedings in relation to any disputes arising out of the Terms and Conditions.
In accordance with the Information Technology Act 2000, the name and the details of the Grievance Officer at SCO is provided below:
Legal Observer Trust