The Supreme Court Observer is a living archive of the Supreme Court of India and brings alive and makes accessible the work of the Supreme Court. The Observer aims to build an enduring constitutional culture in India by enhancing the popular understanding of the Supreme Court’s contribution to our everyday lives.
Among other tasks, the Associate Editor will:
- Edit daily reports of tracked cases in the Supreme Court of India
- Identify cases to be tracked at the Supreme Court of India
- Write case backgrounds, plain English translations of judgments, and other content
- Write on any other aspect of the working and history of the Supreme Court
- Plan and execute social media and other outreach strategies
- Organise workshops, seminars, conferences and other events
- Manage court reporters
- Must demonstrate excellent research and outstanding writing skills
- Must have a strong academic background (master’s degree preferred)
- Must have a law degree
How to apply?
Write to Kruthika R at [firstname.lastname@example.org] and mention ‘Application for Research Associate/Associate Editor | SCO’ in the subject of your mail.
- Writing Sample (preferably two: 1. Academic 2. General)
- Statement of Purpose (5oo words)
Note: If you have not heard back from us in two weeks, then your application has not been successful.